Customer Delivery & Experience Associate
Avantt Logistics is an Amazon Delivery Service Partner looking for enthusiastic, team players to deliver Amazon packages.
We Are Urgently Hiring For This Highly Competitive Position
This is THE MOST IMPORTANT position in our company…and we treat you that way. Start at $21.25 – $21.50 and performance bonuses!
Avantt Logistics, Inc. is hiring Driver Associates for our residential and commercial delivery contract with Amazon in the Western Chicago Suburbs around Downers Grove, IL.
You will be given the keys to a HIGH TECH Amazon Van outfitted with cool Amazon uniforms, and have access to the most cutting edge technology in the logistics business.
Work with people that take pride in their work and help make Avantt Logistics, Inc. the BEST delivery company in the Chicago area.
- Pay starting at $21.25 – $21.50 per hour.
- Paid training
- Paid overtime
- Paid Vacation/time off
- BENEFITS AFTER 30 DAYS – MEDICAL and DENTAL
- No CDL needed. A Class C license is valued but not required (you will be paid to get the training and license – required (great for your resume!))
This is only for highly motivated individuals who are very quick and precise in following the procedures EXACTLY moving quickly from the van to the delivery location. You will need to be in moderately good shape to keep up.
How precisely you perform your job has a direct impact on everyone else.
So, we do not tolerate slackers or under performers, only superb team players need apply.
Exceptional performers will prosper and make money, slackers will find they do not fit a high performance team and will not be part of the team for long.
If you are selected for this highly competitive position:
- Work 8-10+ hours per shift, including weekdays, weekends, & holidays (We operate 7 days a week, 361 days a year)
- Receive multiple days off per week
- Must be able to work all days of the week and all holidays except New Years Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Must have a great work ethic – show up and excel at the job every day you are scheduled – even when you do not feel like it.
- Willing to work when the weather is bad – snow, sleet, rain, hot, cold, etc.
- Have a great, up-beat, positive attitude each and every day and display that to teammates and Amazon customers
- Be able to be calm and professional in potential conflict situations
- Be OK with rapid and unpredictable change – this is logistics and Amazon – things change quickly, sometimes on very short notice, so occasional short term chaos is normal.
Duties / Typical Days agenda:
- Arrive at our distribution facility by the required time – currently 11.00am to receive your van assignment based on the weekly schedule (late arrival means you will not get work)
- On call associates will need to be available with little notice
- Receive your route assignment and the company provided Smartphone/GPS device
- Perform a pre-trip vehicle inspection thoroughly checking the van for damage.
- Deliver up to 300+ packages on your route. (Smartphone/GPS device has the complete route pre-determined along with delivery estimates for each delivery) in exactly the manner that our client requires. Get in and out of vehicle over 150+ times a day.
- Follow all delivery instructions as directed by Amazon customer
- Willingness to help another associate as directed is required
- Return van to station after refueling it for the next day (company will provide a fuel card)
- Remove all trash & debris from van
- Return Smartphone/GPS scanner device and keys; debrief with manager
- Perform post trip inspection noting any required maintenance items
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 21 years of age
- Show up each and every scheduled shift without fail….. whether you feel like it or not – good weather or bad. No shows are taken as job abandonment and terminated.
- Clean driving record
- Must give consent to check Motor Vehicle Records.
- No At-Fault Accidents
- No Points on your record.
- Must be physically able to handle the walking, lifting, bending and stooping required to perform this job – it is a physically demanding job.
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs without assistance up multiple stairs.
- Cannot have any physical restrictions on lifting, bending, stooping, turning or squatting which you will do a LOT.
- Must be able to work at a very quick and even pace for 10+ hours
- Deliver up to 300+ packages a day
- Be on your feet up to 10+ hours per day while walking at least 3-4 miles per day
- Climb in and out of a van 150+ times a day.
- Must be a safe driver and observe all traffic rules and company safety policies
- Must treat everyone with respect and vehicles as their own
- Must have a history of excellent attendance; no history of calling in sick without a Dr. note
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with scanner
Job Type: Part-time with Full-time for top performers. Full-time includes health insurance and paid vacation. Seasonal work also available.
- Knowledge of the Western Suburbs of Chicago
- Computer literate to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with scanner
- Highly fluent in English (Required)
- Customer Service Experience (Required: Smile and be courteous to all customers)
- We operate 361 days a year, which includes weekends & holidays. You must be able and willing to work weekends and all holidays.
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative and enjoyable, even fun place to work. #1 trait we look for: humility – willing to be coached and learn from mistakes.
Avantt Logistics, Inc. strives to provide all employees with equal employment opportunities. The Company’s equal opportunity policy precludes discrimination and harassment based on, but not limited to, age, race, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding, parental or career status, political belief, industrial activity, sexual preference, gender identity and disability.
Location: 2478 Wisconsin Avenue, Downers Grove, IL 60515
All candidates must wear masks for training and once they become employees follow all CDC, Amazon, Avantt Logistics and Illinois COVID requirement