Customer Delivery & Experience Associate
We Are Urgently Hiring This Highly Competitive Position
This is THE MOST IMPORTANT position in our company…and we treat you that way.
Our job is to delight customers. We deliver a great customer experience to each and every customer, and just happen to drive delivery vehicles to do it!
Avantt Logistics, Inc. is hiring Delivery Associate for our residential and commercial delivery contract with Amazon. You will be given the keys to a BRAND NEW Amazon Van, outfitted with awesome Amazon uniforms, and have access to the most cutting edge technology in the logistics business.
The Delivery Associate will be responsible for making Amazon deliveries to homes, apartments, and businesses in the Western Chicago Suburbs.
Avantt Logistics, Inc. is a new Amazon Delivery Service Partner, which means you will have the opportunity to help shape our company as we grow! Work with people that take pride in their work and help make Avantt Logistics, Inc. the BEST delivery company in Chicagoland!
All Full & Part time drivers are eligible for bonus every week!
- BENEFITS AFTER 30 DAYS – MEDICAL AND DENTAL
- 2 WEEKS PAID VACATION
- Must be at least 23 to apply
This job is for highly motivated individuals who are very precise in following the procedures EXACTLY day after day. As a delivery driver you will have to move quickly from the van to the delivery location.
How precisely you perform your job has a direct impact on everyone else and how much is available for bonuses. So we do not tolerate slackers or underperformers, only superb team players need apply. Exceptional performers will prosper and make money, slackers will find they do not fit a high performance team.
If you are selected for this highly competitive position (bonus structure will be rolled out on a time phased approach as we ramp up):
- Work 8-10+ hours per shift, including weekdays, weekends, & holidays (We operate 7 days a week, 361 days a year)
- Work 8-10+ hour shifts but receive multiple days off per week,
- Potential to earn weekly bonus
- Potential to earn early work completion bonus (rules apply)
- Potential to earn on call bonus
- Potential to earn rescue bonus
If you feel this position is right for you, please read on…
Duties / Typical Days agenda:
- Arrive at our distribution facility by the required time to receive your van assignment based on the weekly schedule (late arrival means you will not get work)
- On call associates will need to be available with little notice (there will be an on call bonus for associates that work on an unscheduled day)
- Attend the morning stand up meeting discussing problems and issues for the day
- Receive your route assignment and the company provided Smartphone/GPS device
- Perform a Pre-trip vehicle inspection thoroughly checking the van for damage.
- Deliver up to 250+ packages on your route. (Smartphone/GPS device has the complete route pre-determined along with delivery estimates for each delivery) in exactly the manner that our client requires
- Follow all delivery instructions as directed by customer (when in doubt, follow company procedures)
- Possibly help another associate as directed
- Return van to station after refueling it for the next day (company will provide a fuel card)
- Remove all trash & debris from van
- Return Smartphone/GPS scanner device and keys; debrief with manager
- Perform post trip inspection noting any required maintenance items
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 23 years of age
- Clean driving record
- Must give consent to check Motor Vehicle Records.
- No At-Fault Accidents
- No DUIs
- No Points on your record.
- Must give consent for drug testing / background checks
- No misdemeanors or felonies for past 7 years
- 1 year of verifiable delivery driving experience
- Experience with Larger vehicles like Sprinter Vans, 15 passenger vans, Bus, Box Truck, or Semi experience is a PLUS ( also Flex, Uber, Lyft, Pizza, Flowers, auto parts, etc.)
- Must be physically able to handle the walking, lifting, bending and stooping required to perform this job;
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs without assistance up multiple stairs.
- Cannot have any physical restrictions on lifting, bending, stooping, turning or squatting.
- Must be able to work at a quick and even pace:
- Deliver up to 250+ packages a day
- Be on your feet up to 10 hours per day while walking at least 3-4 miles per day
- Climb in and out of a van 100+ times a day.
- Must be a safe driver and observe all traffic rules and company safety policies
- Must treat everyone with respect and vehicles as their own
- Must have a history of excellent attendance; no history of calling in sick without a Dr. note
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with scanner
- Have 2-3 references
Job Type: Part-time with Full-time for top performers. Full-time includes health insurance and paid vacation. Seasonal work also available.
Possibility to earn bonuses is available for all associates.
- Knowledge of the Western Suburbs of Chicago
- Computer literate to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with scanner
- Highly fluent in English (Required)
- Large vehicle driving experience (Preferred)
- Delivery driving experience (Preferred such as Lyft, Fed Ex, UPS, Auto Parts, Pizza, etc.)
- Customer Service Experience (Required: Smile and be courteous to all customers)
- Deliver all assigned packages each day
- We operate 361 days a year, which includes weekends & holidays
Avantt Logistics, Inc. strives to provide all employees with equal employment opportunities. The Company’s equal opportunity policy precludes discrimination and harassment based on, but not limited to, age, race, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, breast feeding, parental or career status, political belief, industrial activity, sexual preference, gender identity and disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Western Chicago area / Downers Grove IL
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week:
- Company-provided uniform
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Extremely dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative and enjoyable, even fun place to work